We’re extremely honored to have won the first Internet.org by Facebook’s Innovation Challenge in India award. The Innovation Challenge aims to make the Internet more relevant to women, migrants, students and farmers and encourages the development of websites and applications that uplift and abet these communities.
Prizes were given to three shortlisted companies across four categories: Farmers, Migrants, Students and Women. Helper4u.in won the first prize in the Migrants category. Our founder – Mrs. Meenakshi Jain – envisioned a platform tohelp the underprivileged get job information with ease. After a lot of planning and deliberation, Helper4U.in was born.
With the rise in the number of nuclear middle class families and working women across the country, the need for helpers, especially women, belonging to the semi-skilled or unskilled categories is rising continuously. With the economy booming, the demand for peons, office boys, delivery boys and other helpers in workplaces is increasing too. The demand is massive,especially in India’s metropolitan cities like Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Calcutta, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore.
At the other end of the spectrum, the rural migrant, and often urban, working population of semi-skilled and unskilled workers looking for jobs as housemaids, cooks, drivers, caretakers, babysitters, housekeeping staff, office boys, courier boys etc. face many challenges in reaching employers.
Helper4U.in facilitates a connection between the two sides, so that hiring can be faster, and of better quality.
From an employer’s point of view, Helper4U.in works as follows.
1. Visits www.Helper4U.in
2. Uses filters like area, and Helper category (maid, cook, driver, babysitter, delivery staff etc.) to view Helper profiles
3. Pays a nominal subscription fee to access Helper contact information
4. Calls up prospective Helpers
5. Discusses working arrangement and compensation directly with Helpers
6. Hires a Helper on mutually agreed upon terms
Currently, Helper4U.in operates in Mumbai and Pune, and plans to expand to other territories in the near future. Over 2,700 Helpers havealready registered with us and registrations are growing by the day.
To know more, please visit us at www.Helper4U.in
Helper4U.in Team is constantly working towards a dream of becoming the preferred platform for hiring of ABCDE, & helping the Job seekers get employment opportunities without exploitation, & with respect.
Latest posts by Helper4U (see all)
- Find happiness in Housekeeping - March 9, 2018
- NASSCOM 10,000 Startups & Facebook Announce Winners for 2nd Edition of ‘Code for the Next Billion Program’ - February 14, 2018
- These 10 startups from Code for the Next Billion’s 2nd edition aim to bring more new internet users into the digital fold - February 14, 2018