We sometimes turn to a maid placement agency to get a maid or cook. But in the recent past, there have numerous incidents of fraud. Here are some tips that you could use to some extent to prevent yourselves from getting cheated:
- Verify the address of agency by meeting in their office instead of your home
- Check company registration documents
- Ask for testimonials or referrals of past clients served by the agency and talk to a few.
- Ask the agency to provide authentic identification documents of the maid. Get these documents verified by the police before hiring.
- Ask for a trial period of a few days before paying the commission.
- Get a shorter contract: It is less risky and has less commission!
- Negotiate to pay the commission through installments on a monthly basis rather than all at once. This reduces the headache of getting a refund in case the maid runs away.
- Read the contract carefully and see if you want get your own clauses added to it. For example, try for a clause that if you are not happy with the service, you can cancel the contract without having to go through the painful process of finding replacements.
Check out our database of helpers that suits your requirements.
Helper4U.in Team is constantly working towards a dream of becoming the preferred platform for hiring of ABCDE, & helping the Job seekers get employment opportunities without exploitation, & with respect.
Latest posts by Helper4U (see all)
- Managing Blue Collared Workers - July 3, 2018
- Why Hire Home Care Givers - June 26, 2018
- Report of Survey of ABCDE in South Mumbai by FABS Students - June 19, 2018